Yield Makes 6 servings
- 3/4 cup unsalted, shelled raw pistachios
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 6 medium carrots (about 1 pound), peeled, julienned
- 2 medium beets (any color; about 1 pound), peeled, julienned
- 1/2 cup (packed) fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup (packed) fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread out pistachios on a small rimmed baking sheet; toast, stirring occasionally until golden brown, 6-8 minutes.
- Let cool; coarsely chop.
- Combine garlic, raisins, and vinegar in a large bowl; let sit 1 hour.
- Remove garlic from raisin mixture and discard. Add carrots, beets, pistachios, parsley, mint, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes; season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Add oil; toss gently.